Conferences & SymposiaAddiction Research Symposium Plus
Interested in addiction research? Want to meet collaborators and develop grant proposals?
Join Tufts CTSI for our Addiction Research Symposium Plus on Wednesday, March 13 at Tufts University’s Boston Health Sciences Campus. This interactive event will focus on nascent research projects with the goals of assisting teams to develop research project proposals for future grant submissions and engaging all event participants in team science approaches to further catalyze research ideas.
By the end of this interactive symposium, event participants should be able to:
- Identify common regulatory concerns surrounding the unique populations involved in addiction research.
- Recognize how research teams develop research projects, from concept toward a written funding proposal.
- Identify Tufts CTSI team-based translational science resources that can help advance a research project.
- Articulate the value of gathering peer and expert feedback during the development of fundable proposal.
The following projects will be presented and discussed:
- Oxygenating the Addicted Brain Through Aerobic Exercise, Eduardo Fontes, PhD, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte and Tufts University School of Arts and Sciences
- Incorporating Acupuncture into the Continuum of Care for People with Severe Opioid Use Disorder, Barbara Herbert, MD, Column Health and Tufts University School of Medicine
- Intranasal Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF) Gene Therapy for Opioid Use Disorder, Barbara Waszczak, PhD, Northeastern University Bouve College of Health Sciences; Emmanuel Pothos, PhD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Salivary Gene Analysis and Brain MRI to Understand Hypothalamic and Reward Pathway Dysregulation Affecting Oral Feeding in Infants with Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome, Elizabeth Yen, MD; Jill Maron, MD, and Jonathan Davis, MD, Tufts Medical Center Pediatrics Department
Wednesday, March 13, 9:00AM-3:00PM
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Room 216A
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston MA
To attend, please register here by March 4, 2019.