Seminars & WorkshopsBile Acids and Spore Germination: A Novel Approach to Blocking Clostridium Difficile Infection
After completing this lecture, you will be able to:
- Describe the burden of C. difficile disease
- List the risk factors for infection
- Explain the role of spore formation and germination in the initiation and spread of C. difficile infection
- Discuss the contribution of the microbiota to bile acid profiles of health and antibiotic-treated patients
- Describe the use of non-antibiotic anti-infective agents to prevent and treat infection.
Taught by: Abraham L. Sonenshein, PhD and Yoav Golan, MD, MS.