“Our Informatics team can help you collect and manage research data, develop databases, and identify study participants. We’ll find the best data collection solution for your study. To get started, please submit a request below.”
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACRDirector of Clinical Informatics Integration
Our Informatics team strives to reduce barriers for conducting clinical and translational research. Through the development and continuous improvement of integrated and interoperable informatics infrastructure, we promote and support collaboration among translational research and health care, clinical and industry partners, the general population, and investigators.
Our tools include:
- The Clinical Academic Research Enterprise Trust (CLARET), a clinical research data warehouse containing data from major Tufts Medical Center systems.
- REDCap™, a HIPAA-compliant, web-based application for the development of databases and surveys. Tufts CTSI provides hosting, maintenance, and user support to help researchers identify study participants and collect and manage their data.
We can help you:
- Identify subjects: we offer a cohort discovery service to identify study populations based on inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Request data: Once you’ve received IRB approval for your protocol (outlining data requirements and a data management/storage plan), we can help extract a limited data set (LDS) for clinical research projects. LDS is a limited patient-level dataset that excludes certain categories of direct identifiers following HIPAA guidelines.
- Collect and manage research data: we support your data collection and management needs by providing REDCap user accounts; hosting REDCap research databases in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment; and providing best practices and training for using REDCap. Group REDCap workshops and one-on-one consultations are available upon request.
Who is eligible?
- CLARET is currently available only to Tufts Medical Center researchers.
- REDCap™ may be available to anyone affiliated with a Tufts CTSI partner institution. Researchers not affiliated with a Tufts CTSI partner institution and students must work with a Tufts Medical Center investigator in order to be eligible.
To contact us, please submit a service request.
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR, Director of Clinical Informatics Integration
Svetlana Rojevsky, MSc, Program Manager