“Our Informatics team can help you collect and manage research data, develop databases, and identify study participants. We’ll find the best data collection solution for your study. To get started, please submit a request below.”
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACRDirector of Clinical Informatics Integration
Our Informatics Program strives to reduce barriers for conducting clinical and translational research. Using electronic health record data from select partner organizations, we can help you to identify eligible populations for your prospective research, obtain data for retrospective analysis, and collect and manage research data in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment.
Our tools include:
- The Clinical Academic Research Enterprise Trust (CLARET) clinical research data warehouse.
- REDCap™, a HIPAA-compliant, web-based application for the development of databases and surveys. Tufts CTSI provides hosting, maintenance, and user support to help researchers identify study participants and collect and manage their data.
We can help you:
- Identify subjects: we offer a cohort discovery service to identify study populations based on inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Request data: Once you’ve received IRB approval for your protocol (outlining data requirements and a data management/storage plan), we can help extract a limited data set (LDS) for clinical research projects. LDS is a limited patient-level dataset that excludes certain categories of direct identifiers following HIPAA guidelines.
- Collect and manage research data: we support your data collection and management needs by providing REDCap user accounts; hosting REDCap research databases in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment; and providing best practices and training for using REDCap. Group REDCap workshops and one-on-one consultations are available upon request.
Who is eligible?
Tufts CTSI can provide de-identified, aggregated cohort counts from select partner organizations to any investigator. Obtaining identified information requires an investigator from the select partner organization to be on the study protocol and to coordinate directly with the organization’s IRB.
To contact us, please submit a service request.
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR, Director of Clinical Informatics Integration
Svetlana Rojevsky, MSc, Program Manager