“Our Informatics team can help you collect and manage research data, develop databases, and identify study participants. We’ll find the best data collection solution for your study. To get started, please submit a request below.”
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACRDirector, Informatics and Tufts Medical Center CMIO
Our Informatics Program strives to reduce barriers for conducting clinical and translational research. Using electronic health record data from select partner organizations, we can help you to identify eligible populations for your prospective research, obtain data for retrospective analysis, and collect and manage research data in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment.
The Tufts CTSI Informatics team can help you:
- Identify subjects: we offer a cohort discovery service as well as access to the TriNetX self-service platform to identify study populations based on inclusion/exclusion criteria. Available only to Tufts MC employees.
- Request data: Once you’ve received IRB approval for your protocol (outlining data requirements and a data management/storage plan), we can help extract a limited data set (LDS) for clinical research projects. LDS is a limited patient-level dataset that excludes certain categories of direct identifiers following HIPAA guidelines.
- Collect and manage research data: we support your data collection and management needs by providing REDCap user accounts; hosting REDCap research databases in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment; and providing best practices and training for using REDCap. Group REDCap workshops and one-on-one consultations are available upon request.
Our resources include:
- The Tufts Medical Center (Tufts MC) Research Data Warehouse (TRDW) for observational research.
- Local Cohort Discovery powered by TriNetX to assess study feasibility
- REDCap, a HIPAA-compliant, web-based application for the development of databases and surveys.
- National Accrual to Clinical Trials (ACT) Network: Allows to search for patient cohorts across the CTSA network to identify potential partners for multi-site studies. (Check back for more soon!)
- National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C): Open science community focused on analyzing patient-level data from many clinical centers to reveal patterns in COVID-19 patients.
- Tufts Clinical Research Network (CRN): The Tufts CTSI CRN will enable federated cohort discovery and facilitate research across Tufts CTSI medical partners.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility for services varies, please check individual resource pages for details.
To request support or use of our services, please submit a service request.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR, Director, Informatics
Andrew Williams, PhD, Associate Director, Informatics
Svetlana Rojevsky, MSc, Program Manager