“The Clinical and Translational Research Center is your one-stop shop for conducting a clinical study. We provide industry and non-industry clinical trial support across the full patient lifespan, and ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.”
Ronald D. Perrone, MDScientific Director, CTRC
The Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) supports federally funded, investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored, high-quality, innovative clinical research across Tufts CTSI partner institutions.
This includes services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at in- and out-patient facilities at Tufts Medical Center and across other locations of care as a “center without walls.”
The CTRC provides researchers with the infrastructure to conduct a wide range of state-of-the-art clinical trials in neonatal, pediatric, and adult geriatric research participants in the outpatient or inpatient setting, and offers resources to facilitate clinical research for studying the causes and progression of human disease and for translation of biomedical research to prevent, treat, or cure disease.
Who is eligible?
All CTRC clinical research and lab services are offered for a fee and are available to anyone (with IRB approval, as necessary).
The CTRC is staffed by:
- Specialized Clinical Research Nurses
- Research Assistants
- Clinical Research Coordinators
Our support for clinical studies includes:
- Protocol design
- Budget development
- Regulatory and coordinating services
- Patient recruitment
- Subject randomization
- Data collection
- Routine and specialized nursing
- Sample collection
- Medical administration
- Adverse event reporting
- Patient follow-up
- Short- and long-term storage
- Laboratory services and expertise
Facilities available on Farnsworth 6 at Tufts Medical Center include:
- Waiting area for research participants
- Nursing station
- 2 phlebotomy chairs
- 8 private rooms (5 single-bed, 3 double-bed) that can be used for outpatient or inpatient studies. These are general-purpose rooms that can be used for examination, specialized procedures (e.g., intravenous glucose tolerance test) or interviews. All rooms have private restrooms and all but one have a private shower.
- Administrative offices
- Areas equipped with desktop computers to be used by research coordinators
- Conference area that can accommodate up to 8 persons
- Specimen processing area
- Short-term sample storage area with -20°C freezers
- Long-term sample storage area with -80°C freezers
Staff members work with investigators to provide the most appropriate and cost-effective services to meet their research needs. To get started, submit a request form.
To contact us, please submit a service request.
To contact the Research Participant Advocate, please call 617-556-3081.
Linda Godfrey-Bailey, MSN, ACNS, BC, Clinical Research Services Manager
Ronald D. Perrone, MD, Scientific Director
Tamsin Knox, MD, Associate Director