“Conducting multi-site clinical trials is a complex and challenging process. We can help you develop your project, focusing on the essential elements you need to consider in order to conduct a high-quality and ethical multi-site clinical trial, especially with drugs and devices.”
Jonathan M. Davis, MDDirector, Multi-site Clinical Research Center
The Tufts CTSI Multi-Site Clinical Research Center (MCRC) supports the unique needs of multi-site clinical studies by connecting investigators to resources and facilitating collaboration between organizations such as Tufts CTSI partners and collaborators through our Clinical Research Network (CRN), other CTSAs nationally through the Trial Innovation Network (TIN), and Industry.
Who is eligible?
Some MCRC services are offered at no cost to faculty members and trainees at Tufts CTSI partner and collaborator institutions; other services are offered for a fee and are available to anyone.
The MCRC supports investigators by providing general consultations on the conduct of multi-site trials and the following services tailored for multi-site clinical research:
- Protocol review and development
- Site identification
- Multi-site study support and coordination
- Participant recruitment and retention
- Integration of underrepresented populations in research
- Facilitated access to::
- Central IRBs (cIRBs)
- Cohort Discovery
- Data Coordination Centers (DCC)
- Data Safety and Monitoring Boards (DSMB)
- Guidance regarding possible access to TIN services
- TIN proposal consultations
- TIN IRB services
- Recruitment Innovation Center (RIC) consultations and support
- Data Coordinating Centers (DCC) and Clinical Coordinating Centers (CCC)
- Expanded access to industry trial opportunities via strategic partnerships
To access MCRC services, please submit a request.
Jonathan M. Davis, MD, Tufts CTSI Associate Director and Director, Multi-site Clinical Research Center
Timothy Bilodeau, MBA, Senior Manager, Clinical Research Operations and Network Development
Liza Patchen, Project Manager