Tufts CTSI offers Mentor Training for individuals who mentor junior faculty in research. These interactive, two-hour sessions are funded by Tufts CTSI.
Admission to the training is by application only.
Information about our 2017-2018 Mentor Training will be available soon.
Mentor Training will:
- Have 8-12 participants per session
- Be organized and facilitated by two senior faculty with expertise in mentoring and career development
- Focus on building the mentoring relationship, maintaining effective communication, defining and implementing the mentee’s goals and timeline, aligning expectations, understanding cultural differences, and fostering independence.
Who is eligible?
Individuals who currently mentor junior faculty in research, and those interested in developing their mentoring skills, are encouraged to apply.
Selected participants agree to:
- Prepare for the Mentor Training by taking the University of Minnesota online course, Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring, (1.5-2 hours) prior to the in-person training
- Participate during the session and share their mentoring experiences
- Answer follow-up surveys about the outcomes and impact of this training on your mentees.
Please complete the online application.
The deadline for application will be announced soon.