To request a TriNetX account, please submit a service request and select “TriNetX Account.”
Tufts CTSI spearheaded the implementation of Tufts Medical Center (Tufts MC) Research Data Warehouse (TRDW) that allowed Tufts MC to join the TriNetX commercial network in October 2018.
“TriNetX has partnerships with many other Clinical and Translational Science Institutes who share a vision of advancing medical research, and they have partnerships with industry that will help research sponsors more readily identify Tufts MC as a suitable site for conducting their clinical trials,” said William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR, Director. Informatics and Tufts MC CMIO.
The Tufts MC research community can query a million of Tufts MC’s local health records on this network. Through TriNetX, investigators benefit from increased opportunities to participate in industry-sponsored clinical trials that are feasible and of scientific interest, and they can assess the feasibility of their research studies.
Resources and Services
Assess Research Feasibility
Tufts MC investigators can use TriNetX’s cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant health research platform to:
- Explore patient populations in depth, in real time, from their desktop.
- Confirm study feasibility by iteratively testing and refining inclusion and exclusion criteria and obtaining aggregate counts.
- Demonstrate study feasibility in funding proposals and IRB submissions.
- Use these results to enhance recruitment.
- Request a limited dataset based on the final query.
Tufts MC investigators can request a TriNetX account and attend required training, which will be offered monthly (check our website calendar for details). There is no cost for using TriNetX.
Once you have an account, log into TriNetX here.
Receive Research Opportunities
Industry sponsors use TriNetX to identify potential sites for clinical trials. Once a site is identified, sponsors submit a request (Trial Connect Request) that is received by an organizational contact. At Tufts MC, Olivia Lovegreen in Research Administration will receive Trial Connect requests and notify Tufts MC investigators of the opportunity. Investigators interested in conducting the study are connected with the sponsor once their response is received and submitted through the TriNetX platform.
Who is eligible?
Cohort discovery via TriNetX is available to faculty and employees engaged in research at Tufts MC. Additional requirements include:
- Primarily appointed by, contractually related to, or have a significant working relationship with Tufts MC.
- At or above the instructor level, or with approval of an eligible faculty member.
- Agree to, and abide by, the System access user agreement.
- Completion of TriNetX training.
To request support or use of our resources, please submit a service request.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR, Co-Director, Informatics
Andrew Williams, PhD, Co-Director, Informatics
Svetlana Rojevsky, MSc, Program Administrative Director, Informatics