Tufts CTSI Symposium Plus on Sensors, Devices and Biomarkers in Medicine – Request for Proposals (PDF)
How can sensor, device, and biomarker data improve health, prevent and detect disease at an earlier stage, and personalize interventions?
Find out at Tufts CTSI’s Translational Research Day 2017: Sensors, Devices, and Biomarkers in Medicine.
Tuesday, November 14
Tufts Center for Medical Education, Room 114
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston
Please register to attend in-person or online.
- 8:30-9:00AM: Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00AM: Introduction
- Welcome: Harry P. Selker, MD, MSPH, Tufts CTSI
- Conference Objectives: Graham Jones, PhD, Tufts CTSI
- 9:10AM: Innovations in the Industry
- 9:45AM: Sensors and Devices
- Smart Mechanical Support Devices for Cardiac Care: Navin Kapur, MD, Tufts Medical Center
- In Vivo Nanosensors and Imaging Technologies: Heather Clark, PhD, Northeastern University
- Improving Behavioral Measurements from Mobile Devices: Stephen S. Intille, PhD, Northeastern University
- Embedded Functioning of Nanoscale Sensors in Hybrid Tissues: Brian Timko, PhD, Tufts University
- 11:00AM: Break
- 11:10AM: Biomarker Development and Application
- Harmonizing Biomarker Terminology: NIH-FDA BEST (Biomarkers, EndpointS, and other Tools): Christopher Leptak, MD, PhD, US Food and Drug Administration
- A Metatranscriptomic Approach to Salivary Biomarker Discovery in the Premature Newborn: Jill L. Maron, MD, MPH, Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center
- 11:50AM: Showcase: MIT Institute for Medical Engineering and Science (IMES)
- 12:25PM: Networking Lunch and Poster Session
- Introduction to Afternoon Program: Graham Jones, PhD, Tufts CTSI
- 2016 and 2017 CTSI Pilot Studies Program Awardee Posters &
Poster Presentations on Sensors, Devices, and Biomarker Research
- 1:30PM: Case Studies
- Introduction: Graham Jones, PhD, Tufts CTSI
- The Challenge of Making Things Work Well: An Academic Perspective: Kumaran Kolandaivelu, MD, PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Lessons Learned from the Front Lines: Rami Tazafriri, PhD, and Michael Naimark, MS, CBSET, Inc.
- Panel Discussion
- 2:25PM: Funding Opportunities: Tufts CTSI Symposium Plus
- Graham Jones, PhD, Tufts CTSI
- Alysse Wurcel, MD, MS, Tufts Medical Center
- John Leong, MD, PhD, Tufts University
- 2:40PM: Breakout Session (Open to All)
- 2:40PM: Concurrent Networking Reception
- 4:00PM: Conference Ends
Do you have a poster on sensor, device, or biomarker research?
Present it at Translational Research Day! Details are available here.
Look for #TranslationalTufts17 on social media and join the conversation.
Spread the word! Our Translational Research Day flyer is available here (PDF).