- Apply strategies for clear and concise grant writing
- Practice constructive and effective peer review
- Explain the importance of aligning your Page One with the funding agency’s mission and priorities, and adapting it for reviewers’ expertise
- Describe the NIH-style grant submission process.
Workshops will be facilitated by Susan Lewis, Assistant Director, and Anna Dalby, Research Development Specialist, Tufts University’s Office of the Vice Provost for Research.
Dates and Location
- Session 1: September 26, 9:30-11:00AM: Overview of Page One and Funding Agencies
- Session 2: October 3, 9:30-11:00AM: Peer Review, Round 1
- Session 3: October 10, 9:30-11:00AM: Clarity, Concision, and Coherence in Writing
- Session 4: October 17, 9:00AM-noon: Peer Review, Round 2, Next Steps
Registration and Requirements
Participants must attend all four sessions and must be able to submit a draft of their Page One by September 10.
Note: The timeline of this program may best serve researchers targeting a proposal submission in early 2019; however, anyone currently writing aims for NIH or a similar grant is welcome to apply. Priority will be given to faculty from Tufts CTSI partner institutions. Once the course is full, additional applicants will be put on a waitlist. We will confirm your enrollment as soon we finalize the registration list.