Interested in health equity research? Want to meet collaborators and develop grant proposals?
Join Tufts CTSI for Health Equity Research: Symposium Plus on Wednesday, October 10 at Tufts University’s Boston Health Sciences Campus. This interactive event will focus on nascent research projects with the goals of assisting teams to develop research project proposals for future grant submissions and engaging all event participants in team science approaches to further catalyze research ideas.
Research project proposals to be presented are:
- Extending Access to Cancer Genetic Counseling to Maine’s Rural, Remote Communities by Susan Miesfeldt, MD, Maine Medical Center
- Assessing Racial Differences in Cardiovascular Disease Risks Among Veterans by Adolfo Cuevas, PhD, Tufts University
- Linking Financing, Workforce, and Clinical Care to Improve Behavioral Health Integration for the Most Vulnerable by Diana Bowser, ScD, MPH, Brandeis University
- Communication Intervention for Dental Hygienists to Deliver to Teens Around Crystal Meth Use Prevention by Margie Skeer, ScD, MPH, MSW, Tufts University School of Medicine
By the end of this interactive symposium, event participants will be able to:
- Describe methods for including a health equity focus in a proposal to improve overall health outcomes.
- Recognize how research teams develop research projects, from concept toward a written funding proposal.
- Identify Tufts CTSI team-based translational science resources that can help advance a research project.
- Articulate the value of gathering peer and expert feedback during the development of fundable proposal.
Wednesday, October 10, 9:00AM-3:00PM
Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, DeBlois Auditorium
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston MA
To attend, please register here by October 1.