What makes a journal article successful?
Join us for Evaluating Scientific Journal Articles and learn the questions you should ask yourself, whether reviewing journal articles or writing your own.
By the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- List the questions you should ask yourself when evaluating a scientific journal article.
- Identify the specific, testable hypothesis of the paper.
- Identify what type of study design was used.
- Evaluate whether the results of the study were affected by bias.
- Explain why this study was important, what it added to the literature, or how it changed health practice.
- Appraise the compatibility of the conclusions of the study with the study objectives.
Thursday, April 28th, 2016 1:00 – 2:30PM
Tufts Center for Medical Education, Room 114
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston
Or via live, interactive webcast (a link will be provided to those who register).