The 18th Annual Clinical and Translational Science (CTS) Graduate Program Symposium will be Friday, May 20, 8:00AM-1:00PM in Wolff Auditorium at Tufts Medical Center (800 Washington Street, Boston).
This year’s keynote speaker is Joe V. Selby, MD, MPH, Executive Director of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). A family physician, clinical epidemiologist, and health services researcher, Dr. Selby has more than 35 years of experience in patient care, research, and administration. He is responsible for identifying strategic issues and opportunities for PCORI and implementing and administering programs authorized by the PCORI Board of Governors.
The event will also feature presentations and posters by students enrolled in the CTS Graduate Program, and the 2016 Clinical and Translational Science Poster Competition.
8:00AM – Welcome
8:15-9:45AM – Presentations
- 8:15AM: Angie Mae C. Rodday, MS, PhD, Predicting Health Care Utilization for Children with Respiratory Insufficiency using Parent-proxy Ratings of Children’s Health-related Quality of Life
- 8:30AM: Robert M. Blanton, MD, MS, Downstream Substrates of Protein Kinase G as Novel Anti-remodeling Molecules
- 8:45AM: Nadi Nina Kaonga, MHS, MS, HIV Medication Adherence in Namibia: The Potential for an Early Intervention
- 9:00AM: Masako Mizusawa, MD, PhD, MS, Changes in Mortality and Length of Stay for Aspergillosis-Related Hospitalizations in the United States from 2001 to 2011
- 9:15AM: Amanda K. Leonberg-Yoo, MD, MS, Association of Urine Sodium with Progression of Kidney Disease, Incident Heart Failure, Incident Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease, and All-cause Mortality
- 9:30AM: Rita L. McGill, MD, MS, PICC, Imaging, and Dialysis Vascular Access
9:45-10:15AM – Student Poster Session and Clinical & Translational Science Poster Competition
10:15-11:45AM – Presentations
- 10:15AM: Nadine Al-Naamani, MD, MS, The Association of Systemic Arterial Properties with Right Ventricular Morphology: The MESA-Right Ventricle Study
- 10:30AM: Nelya Melnitchouk, MD, MS, Screening for Colorectal Cancer in Low to Middle Income Countries, Cost Effectiveness Analysis, Example of Ukraine
- 10:45AM: Marzieh Essaty Mirhashemi, PhD, MS, Transcriptome Analysis of Cryptosporidium parvum in vitro
- 11:00AM: Deborah E. Linder, DVM, MS, A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of the Child-Dog Relationship in Healthy Weight and Overweight/Obese Children
- 11:15AM: Jonathan M. Babyak, DVM, MS, Prevalent and Incident Kidney Injury in Dogs at a Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- 11:30AM: Benjamin S. Wessler, MD, MS, Evaluating Performance of Heart Failure Predictive Models
11:45AM – Closing Remarks
12:00PM – Keynote Lecture/Medical Grand Rounds by Joe V. Selby, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Research, or PCORI: We’ve Had a Slight Change of Plans