Want to learn about, or conduct, cancer clinical trials?
Tufts CTSI and the Cancer Center at Tufts Medical Center are hosting a free 20-hour course for fellows, faculty, research team members, and anyone interested in the process of conducting cancer-related clinical trials.
- Demystifying Cancer Clinical Trials Training Series Outline (PDF)
- Proposed Pre-work on I LEARN (PDF)
Session 1, October 14, 2016
- Session 1 Agenda
- Slides: Differences Between Industry-Sponsored, Industry-Supported, and PI-Initiated Studies (PDF)
- Slides: Oncology Clinical Research Lifecycle (PDF)
- Session 1 Video, Part 1 (mp4 Video)
- Session 1 Video, Part 2 (mp4 Video)
Session 2, November 18, 2016
- Session 2 Agenda (PDF)
- Session 2 Slides (PDF)
- Protocol template (PDF)
- CTEP Protocol Table of Contents (PDF)
- Klein Duvelisib IST Protocol (PDF)
- Session 2 Video (mp4 Video)
Session 3, December 16, 2016
- Session 3 Agenda (PDF)
- Session 3 Slides, Part 1 (PDF)
- Session 3 Slides, Part 2 (PDF)
- Session 3 Video (mp4 Video)
Session 4, February 10, 2017
Demystifying Cancer Clinical Trials will take place on Fridays, from 1:00-5:00PM on the Tufts Health Sciences Campus in Boston:
- October 14 (35 Kneeland Street, 8th Floor, Boston)
- November 18 (Tufts University Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education, Room 114, 145 Harrison Avenue, Boston)
- December 16 (35 Kneeland Street, 8th Floor, Boston)
- February 10 (35 Kneeland Street, 8th Floor, Boston)
- March 24 (35 Kneeland Street, 8th Floor, Boston)
Course sessions will also be videorecorded and posted on Tufts CTSI’s I LEARN website.
Attendees are encouraged to review other courses on I LEARN prior to the start of Demystifying Cancer Clinical Trials.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to navigate investigator-initiated clinical trial processes in cancer.
- Discuss how to work with pharmaceutical industries and other for-profit entities.
- Define investigational new drug (IND) and investigational device exemption (IDE) studies and explain how IND/IDE clinical trials are conducted.
- State the Principal Investigator’s responsibilities for leading a clinical trial as well as the responsibilities of the research team.
To attend, sign up here. Participants are encouraged to attend all five sessions.