Stakeholder and Community Engagement involves working collaboratively with and through members of a specific population to address disparities and improve health.
Our goal is to build the capacity for stakeholders and community members to participate in research, and for researchers to know how to best engage stakeholders and community members in research.
Stakeholders and community members may include:
- Patients and their families
- Community leaders and staff in community-based organizations
- Health and mental health care providers, support staff, and administrators in locations like clinics, hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools, and home-based programs
- Individuals and groups paying for, purchasing, or setting policy about health.
- Addressing Asian health disparities
- Promoting stakeholder and community engagement in research across the translational spectrum
Who is eligible?
Anyone can request a consultation.
Grant planning, editing, and support is available to faculty and staff at Tufts CTSI partner institutions.
- Connections to collaborators
- Capacity-building for community partnerships, grant support, and support for systems-change initiatives
- Seminars, workshops, and symposia (available in-person or via I LEARN).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I learn more about stakeholder and community-engaged research?
Read Principles of Community Engagement (PDF), published by the Clinical and Translational Science Awards Consortium Community Engagement Key Function Committee Task Force on the Principles of Community Engagement.
- Where can I find possible sources of funding to conduct stakeholder- and community-engaged research?
Submit a service request for a consultation on stakeholder and community engagement.
Apply for Tufts CTSI Pilot Studies Program funding.
Search for federal funding opportunities.
Subscribe to the City of Boston’s weekly Funding Update.
- Where can I find Tufts CTSI-affiliated students to partner with me to conduct stakeholder- and community-engaged research?
Email the Tufts University Tisch College of Civic Life Lincoln Filene Center to post a description of your research project/internship on their website.
To contact us, please submit a service request.
Thomas W. Concannon, PhD, Director, Stakeholder & Community Engagement