Core Laboratory Services Pricing Contact Us
The Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) Core Laboratory fosters clinical and translational research by providing laboratory services and expertise to a broad spectrum of investigators, especially clinicians without access to laboratory space or personnel. Laboratory staff members work with investigators to provide the most appropriate and cost-effective services to meet their research needs. Core Laboratory Services
Bring your project to the Core Lab and be assured of:
- Fast turnaround times
- Strict attention to the quality of data
- Duplicate standards, controls and samples on each assay
- Careful adherence to procedures outlined in manufacturers’ protocol and guidelines
- Development of, and attention to, standard operating procedures for custom work.
The Core Lab offers (click on the links below for more information):
Specimen processing, storage and shipping
- Processing, aliquoting, and storage of samples such as whole blood, urine, stool, and tracheal aspirate
- DNA and RNA isolation using Qiagen isolation kits
- Isolation and storage of peripheral blood mononucleocytes (PBMCs)
- Shipping of biohazardous materials (IATA/DOT-certified to ship Class 6.2 and Class 9 dangerous goods).
the Core Lab can run almost any validated commercial ELISA assay (Millipore, R&D Systems, eBioscience, BioVision, Alpco, Salimetrics).
our Luminex 200 platform allows for a variety of customizable assays for rapid, high-throughput biomarker analysis.
- Custom assays and protocol development may be possible for analytes with no commercially available reagents.
To learn more, review our brochure.
Nucleic Acid Analysis
- DNA/RNA quality and quality analysis using NanoDrop 2000, Agilent Bioanalyzer, and 96- and 384-well plate optical density and Picogreen
- Real-time PCR assays, including gene expression and SNP genotyping on multiple platforms
- Whole genome amplification using Repli-G by Qiagen
- Library preparation for next generation sequencing platforms.
Users who prepare their own work and run the final analysis on our equipment may do so at a reduced fee. Equipment may include:
- Infinite M200Pro Plate Reader
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT Real-Time PCR System
- Applied Biosystems OpenArray Real-Time PCR System
- Luminex 200 Multiplex Platform
- Laminar Flow and Fume Hoods
- Centrifuges, incubators, and water baths.
Do you have too many samples to pipette? Let us help with our TECAN Freedom EVO Liquid Handling System, including two plate washers, one plate reader, and a plate hotel.
Bench space is available for researchers preparing their work, or for training purposes.
The Core Lab has five -80°C freezers:
- Temperatures are monitored and recorded daily
- All are connected to a hospital central alarm system
- All freezers undergo scheduled maintenance.
The pricing of Core Lab services is based on the cost of shipping and materials, and the number of laboratory personnel hours required. Discounts may be available for new and/or challenging assays.
The prices below are estimates, and all Core Lab services are customizable. Please contact us and we will review your project and promptly respond with a quote.
- Average cost for immunoassays: $20-30 per sample
- Average hourly rate: $85
- Specimen processing averages one to two hours for 1-10 samples
- Shipping assistance averages one hour
- Nucleic acid services: depends on sample type and project size – please contact us for an estimate.
The Core Lab is located at Tufts Medical Center on the 7th floor of the Ziskind building. We would be happy to speak with you about your research needs. Please email CTRCCoreLab@tuftsmedicalcenter.org or contact us individually: